With the basement price agreement, Black & Deck FP1600B Food Industry may seem like a real company at first glance, but isn’t it? Can such a profitable machine really work? Can he grind, chop and shred?
Available in elegant black, compact and lightweight (weighing just 2.5 kg) and economical, so what more could you want? My evaluation will give you a maximum and a minimum to this food processor, which will hopefully help you decide if it is suitable for you or not.
The Black & DeckerFP1600B food processor is equipped with an 8-head plastic work bowl. You must be aware that the bowl is not impact resistant, so be careful with it, because if it falls, it may break. Replacing it costs almost as much as buying a new car. GAP isn’t free either.
The work cup is considered medium in size and can contain up to 3 glasses of liquid food and 6 glasses of non-liquid food.
Supply pipe size
The supply chute, which is part of the working tank cover, has an approximate average value. You can’t take whole potatoes or tomatoes if they’re not as small as red potatoes, so you have to cut them into smaller pieces to make them fit.
The food pusher included in the delivery is used to push food into the feed chute and bowl. You can remove it if you need to add extra liquids or ingredients while the processor is running.
Kneading the dough
The Black & Decker FP1600B food processor does not come with a test knife, and my research does not allow me to buy it separately. So if kneading dough is on your list, this machine is not for you.
It is equipped with a touch screen control panel conveniently located at the front of the machine. The touchpad is smooth, making it very easy to clean, unlike raised keys. It only has two speeds:
1. Stop/Pulse – use this button for products that require little processing. By pressing the heart rate button and turning it off, you have more control over how the food is prepared.
2. From – When this control button is pressed, the machine runs continuously until the stop button is pressed. Useful for cleaning fruit and vegetables.
The FP1600B has only 450 watts of power, which is more than enough for what the machine is designed for, namely grinding, cutting and crushing, not kneading dough, which requires a much more powerful engine.
The Black & Decker FP1600B food processor comes with only two knives:
1. Crushing knife in stainless steel – used for cleaning, crushing and grinding.
2. Reversible 1/8 inch or 3 mm stainless steel cutting and grinding wheel. Some magazines mention that it is difficult to grind cheese and some vegetables.
The size of the shredding disc is not indicated in the instruction manual or on the disc itself, so I briefly called B&D’s product support and was told that the size of the disc was 1/8th. These knives are very sharp, so be careful when working with them. Some brands like Cuisinart make record holders for their knives, but I couldn’t find one for Black & Decker.
Black & Deck FP1600B Dimensions for food industry
Height: 15.3 inches
Width: 7.5 inches
Depth: 10.7 inches.
Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! Weight! 6 GBP
Power cable: 31 inches to the ends of the pins, depending on B&D’s product support.
This low-budget device has several stylish features. You’ll appreciate it:
- Built-in safety interlock system that prevents the machine from starting if not all parts are mounted correctly and in the correct order. Some people found it unpleasant.
- Although the power cord is short, it slips neatly under the base of the meter for storage so that it does not hang over your meter when not in use.
- All parts are dishwasher safe.
- Supplied with four non-slip suction cup feet to secure the machine firmly to the counter and prevent movement during processing. A good feature, although some remarks suggest that it gets in the way when trying to move the car or take it out of the closet.
- Once you have an idea how to assemble the machine, it is easy to use.
Black & Deck FP1600B Food Industry, includingAccessories
Plastic work bowl 8 cups
Stainless steel cutting blade
Reversible cutting and chopping disc
- Compact and lightweight (approx. 2.5 kg).
- Easy to clean.
- The knives are really sharp.
- Dishwasher safe
- The power cord is stored under the base.
- Very strong.
- Short power cable
- No display, cannot see when the unit is off or on.
- Stop and pulse – one button
Black & Deck FP1600B Food industry reviews and evaluations
This processor gets a bag of rave reviews and strong reactions from both those who love it and those who hate it.
In my opinion, customers who have had their say are satisfied with the price, acknowledge the limitations of the car and are willing to live with it.
While opponents probably had too high expectations of the product from the beginning and expected it to function as a more expensive machine.
Some things were consistent in all the tests, and they were:
1. This car is very noisy. Some customers reported wearing earplugs when using them.
2. The power cord is conveniently stored under the base of the unit, but it is too short. However, according to the manual, this was a deliberate to reduce the chance of getting caught or tripping over a longerline. You recommend using an extension cord if you want a longer cable.
3. It is a simple no-frills food processor that comes with a more expensive machine. In fact, it’s only equipped with two knives:
(i) stainless steel grinding knife; and (ii) cutting and grinding wheel
4. He can’t always master difficult tasks.
5. It does the average sanding work. The pieces of food always seem to stick to the end of the leaf and are not chopped, cut or shredded.
6. Many customers also indicated that this machine does not grind the cheese well. This may be the kind of cheese they cut, but you have to take that into account if you plan to cut a lot of cheese.
7. Another recurring theme was that the machine did not work directly from the box and had to be returned for replacement or return.
8. Many remarks indicate that the machine will not work after about a year, even though it is easy to use.
Black & Deck FP1600B Food prices
The prices for this car are everywhere. I saw him for 30 to 70 bucks. At the time of writing, Amazon has the lowest price.
The Black & Decker FP1600B food processing machine is a simple, non-filling machine. This machine has received mixed reviews in terms of crushing, but it is a force that seems to cut and tear. I’m sure it won’t exceed your budget and save you time compared to manual cutting and slicing.
If you are considering buying one of these small shredders, it is a good idea to choose this model instead. You get more value for money, it is more versatile and can do much more, and it costs about the same. If you’re looking for a simple, inexpensive kitchen appliance that doesn’t need to be mixed and can live with the noise it makes, then this appliance could be for you.
black and decker food processor,black and decker food processor fp4200b,black+decker easy assembly 8-cup food processor, black, fp4200b,how do i assemble my black and decker food processor,black and decker food processor fp1700b,black and decker food processor fp1600b parts,best food processor,black and decker food processor manual quick and easy
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.